Graduate Certificate in Effective 7-12 STEM Education – Math and Engineering
This graduate certificate in Effective 7-12 STEM Education – Math and Engineering is designed for Middle and High-School Teachers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Applying the required Math and Engineering knowledge; project-based, inquiry-based, experiential knowledge related to real-world applications; that encourages critical thinking, problem solving and team working and reflects state standards.
- Exposing students to practical experience and workplace skills.
- Student engagement, communication, collaboration, risk taking and innovation.
Graduate Certificate in Effective 7-12 STEM Education - Math and Engineering
In order to be considered for admission into the certificate program, prospective students must:
- Have earned the equivalent of a US Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Submit official transcripts from the bachelor degree-awarding institution(s), and any post-bachelor degree institution including any master’s degrees or credits. Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated by a University acceptable agency.
- Have a Cumulative Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Graduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (Cumulative GPA) of at least 3.0 at the end of each semester.
Per Credit Hour: $325
Estimated Tuition: $3,900
2 semesters/4 months*
*Dependent on course load
This course will examine methods for teaching the study of electronic circuits that are used to process and control digital signals. Combinational and sequential logic design, engineering standards, and technical documentation are examined. This course addresses methods to design, develop and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments.
This course will take a critical look at the need for STEM education in today’s educational curriculum. Students will develop a STEM action plan for their own institution. In addition, students will be introduced to the fundamental teaching methods of STEM; scientific inquiry, project based learning and design thinking.
国产偷拍视频This course will examine methods for teaching the study of engineering concepts such as mechanisms, the strength of structures and materials, and automation. This course addresses methods to design, develop and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments.
This course presents a practitioner-oriented approach for educators to gain experience with the engineering design process as they explore solutions to open-ended design challenges presented in class. The course examines the elements of the engineering design process and offers a variety of experiences in applying it in various content areas.